UFO UpDates
A mailing list for the study of UFO-related phenomena
'Its All Here In Black & White'
Location: UFOUpDatesList.Com > 2004 > Feb > Feb 27

Brisbane, Australia Sighting

From: Brian Vike - HBCC UFO <hbccufo.nul>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:05:49 -0800
Fwd Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:41:09 -0500
Subject: Brisbane, Australia Sighting 

Brisbane, Australia

Date: Early 1982
Time: 7:30 to 8:00 p.m.

A lady telephoned me and wanted to report a sighting she and
another had in Brisbane, Australia back in 1982. She was living
in a two story apartment building which was located on top of a
hill and had been living there for eighteen months. Also the
building they lived in was right over top of the flight path for
their major airport. The jet airliners would come in very low
and the lady said it almost felt as if the wheels of these
aircraft were skimming across the roof. So she was used to
hearing and seeing the large aircraft fly over her home.

One evening the couple felt a vibration which was different from
the normal aircraft. Actually the vibration traveled straight
through their bodies. Thinking something was not right they went
to their living room window which had a beautiful view of the
city. What they saw was certainly unusual. The brightest object
passed right overhead. The witness told me that it looked like
burning magnesium as this was the best example the lady was able
to think of. Whatever it was, was extremely large and very
bright. The woman said it was a brilliant blue/white in color
and it was blinking, or pulsating off and on. When it pulsed off
they were not able to see anything until the light returned and
it was only the bright light which was seen.

As it moved slowly through the night sky the object came to a
stop over southern Brisbane. It was at this point high up in the
sky it again disappeared due to the light going out and when the
light returned the object was in a completely different
location. It all happened so quickly they wondered how it was
possible that any craft was able to move so fast and so far away
from it's last location. This continued for some time, blinking
off and on and again appearing in a different part of the sky.
The lady said they watched the object for an hour and a half.
Just before it left the airspace it was in, the object split
into two separate lights. Both of them were now blinking on and
off and the colors were amazing she said. She also added the
object was shooting off what looked like flares and again these
were colored as well. After a short time the two parts joined
into one large object again then split into four pieces and now
throwing off a large number of what they described as colored
flares. Once again all the four separate parts came together
forming one large brilliant object and started flying westward
towards the desert. The witness said it was very exciting to
watch from their veranda.

The lady went on to say they knew it wasn't anything that
mankind had as she knew of no technology that would be able to
perform the aerial acrobatics this object had done that night in
a split second.

Something interesting the lady also mentioned was that the
international airport had flights arriving and departing
approximately every fifteen minutes. She said for the whole time
the object sat over Brisbane there was not a flight to be seen
coming or going or flying above. As the lady reported above.....
the object left, heading west into the desert over the Great
Dividing Mountain Range. She was so excited at what she had seen
she could not go to bed.  It was a warm night so she sat
 looking toward the mountain where the object had headed.
Approximately thirty minutes after the object was out of her
sight a group of lights appeared in the distance where the
object was last seen. The lights were coming closer and it
appeared that they were following the same track the object was
traveling, just back tracking. As the lights drew closer and
then passed right over top of their apartment the woman was able
to see and hear what these objects were. There were four or five
military helicopters that were flying in overhead.

After the helicopters passed by and out of her sight the normal
air traffic resumed their flights.

The witness called the airport the following day and the folks
there denied that something had taken place the night before.
There was nothing in the local newspapers or on radio or
television. The folks wondered if they had been the only ones
watching the drama unfold in the skies that night. They never
did find out what it was or find any other people who may have
watched the same event.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike
HBCC UFO Research
Home - Phone 250 845 2189
email: hbccufo.nul
Website: http://www.hbccufo.com

[ Next Message | Previous Message | This Day's Messages ]
This Month's Index |

UFO UpDates Main Index

UFO UpDates - Toronto - Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp

Archive programming by Glenn Campbell at Glenn-Campbell.com